A healthier future: Scotland's Diet and Healthy Weight Delivery Plan
The Scottish Government is consulting with the public, food and retail industries on restricting the in-store marketing and promotion of foods high in fat, sugar or salt, with little or no nutritional benefit. The consultation is part of the Diet and Healthy Weight Delivery Plan and will inform assessments of impact and possible legislation. The consultation is open until 9 January 2019.
The Government's vision will be achieved by working towards five key outcomes:
- Children have the best start in life - they eat well and have a healthy weight
- The food environment supports healthier choices
- People have access to effective weight management services
- Leaders across all sectors promote healthy weight and diet
- Diet-related health inequalities are reduced